Custom Channel Letter Signs and Graphics
What are Channel Letters?
Channel Letters are three-dimensional letters, logos, and images that, together, make up a sign. Since channel letters are often illuminated, they draw attention to the building, business, church, or school. Channel letters can also be mounted on interior walls.
Adams Signs & Graphics offers custom neon and LED options in any style and color. Our award-winning designers can help you pick the perfect style for your business.
Benefits of Channel Letters
The benefits of channel letters for your signage include:
• LED-lit channel letters are energy efficient, and the lights can last up to five years.
• They can be seen from a distance any time of the day or night, in almost any weather condition.
• Made of aluminum or steel, they are robust, able to withstand whatever weather Mother Nature throws at them.
• They are long-lasting and eco-friendly since they’re often made of aluminum or stainless steel, which doesn’t rust.
• If they’re in need of repair, it is far easier to repair one letter than an entire sign.
• They are highly customizable and easily matched to your brand identity, with a wide variety of materials, mountings, and display options to help your sign stand out from the competition.
• They can be mounted onto nearly any developed property or building.
Types of Channel Letters
Channel Letters are available in a variety of options.
• Non-illuminated Channel Letters provide classic dimensional letters in any font or style, laser-cut for an exceptional fit and finish. This is a popular choice for businesses wanting to add an eye-catching touch to their storefront when natural light can add dimension to the letters.
• Front-Lit Channel Letters are the traditional style with a transparent or colored acrylic front surface and sides (returns) with aluminum backing. These are often used on tall buildings for maximum visibility and on storefronts that are closed after dark.
• Reverse Lit Channel Letters, also known as “halo-lit” or “back-lit”, are aluminum in front and transparent acrylic in the back that cause a glow effect around the letters. These are also often used on tall buildings and on storefronts and have the added benefit of producing less light pollution than other lit sign options.
• Open Face Channel Letters allow for the inside bulbs or neon tubes to be displayed; however, lighting laws in some areas prohibit the use of this type of channel letter. Open-face channel letters are often used when a retro or nostalgic atmosphere is desired.
• Face and Reverse Lit Combination Channel Letters have lit faces and transparent panels on the back of the letters to allow light to shine through and reflect off the building surface. The backlighting can also cast a different color than the color of the face of the channel letter. These are used when a highly dramatic, clean architectural look is desired.
How are Channel Letters Mounted?
Channel letters are mounted one of three ways: a raceway mount, flush mount, or backer mount. Raceway mounts are the most common mount option as these are often requested by property managers due to fewer holes being created to attach the sign.
Adams Signs will visit your site to survey your building to ensure we make the best decision for mounting channel letter signs.
Examples of Channel Letter Signage
We pride ourselves on creating professional custom signs that draw attention to your business. Check out examples of our Channel Letter signage projects for inspiration.
Making Great Signs For Over 70 Years
From design and permits to installation and maintenance, Adams Signs is a full-service turnkey signage partner here to help keep your business and your mission illuminated.
Begin Your Signage Project Today
At Adams Signs, we will help guide you to choose the best signage to meet your goals and budget. Get started today with a free, no-obligation quote.