The holidays are upon us, and the holiday sales season is crucially important for retailers. Did you know that 85% of your customers live within a five mile radius of your business? Did you know that 50% of new customers learn about your business from your on-premise signs?
Signage offers many benefits in retail, but here are ways to easily increase holiday sales by properly using signage. These strategies are so easy to implement, retailers could be leaving money right smack on the table if they’re not using their signage effectively.
- Feature your most profitable and hottest items to drive up sales: Decide which of your products best balance profitability and demand, and feature those on LED message centers. Research has shown that sales on items advertised on digital signage displays can skyrocket over 15 percent.
- Offer and publicize special deals to spread the word and make money: What better way to publicize a sale or deal than on your signage, making it known to your current customers as well as potential new customers. Simply advertise your sale or deal in your store or restaurant and watch word spread and sales revenues increase.
- Advertise your loyalty program: Loyalty programs are great ways to, well, create fanatically loyal customers. Let your beloved customers know that you have a loyalty program. Advertise a limited-time incentive to give customers an extra incentive to sign up today.
- Get sponsorships from manufacturers and vendors: Manufacturers are always looking to sell more product and you are too. That shared interest adds up to a potential sponsorship opportunity that you can capitalize on. Do you like a product you sell, or think it would sell like hotcakes if more people knew about it? Call up the manufacturer and offer them an ad spot on your signage display, where they’ll get the attention of all your customers’ and potential new clients.
- Tell customers your story and what makes you different: People don’t connect with manufacturers, products or even money. They connect with other people, emotions and ideals that help them lead a better, happier life. Believe it or not, they want to hear your story and the story of your business and what separates you from your competitors. Create a video or a simple, short slideshow with pictures they can relate to. Inspire them and make them connect with your story.
- Engage customers and give them helpful information: Showing people that you care can go a long way. You can show your customers that you care by giving them useful information about the weather, their stocks or even your company’s blog feed. Digital signage can easily help with all of these.
- Advertise a call-to-action to get your client base engaged on social media: Digital signage is an opportunity to advertise your company’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or website. Invite your customers to engage with your business on social media. If you keep up to date on these platforms, you will more than likely see some customers commenting on your posts and sharing them with friends.
- Signs are crucial for small to mid-sized retailers and they’re extremely affordable. Having banners, window decals or vehicle decals in place is a quick way to spread the word about your holiday offerings.
There are several ways to make your signage work for you and increase your holiday sales regardless of the type of business you own. Happy Holidays from all of us at Adams Signs!